Living Large Summer of Fun Scavenger Hunt Week #3: Do Something You Haven’t Done Since You Were a Kid
When we were kids, doing the simplest of things gave us great joy and since Sade Sue’s Living Large Summer of Fun Scavenger Hunt is all about finding joy, guess what kind of fun you’ll be challenged to find this week!?
You guessed it, for week #3, find something to do that you haven’t done since you were a kid (or at least in many years with your own kids or grandkids!)
Before we get to ideas for this week, let’s recap the past two weeks:
- Week #1 challenged you to do something you have never done before. I had a pedicure and every time I look at my light blue painted tiny toenails, they make me happy!
- Week #2 challenged you to reconnect with someone you hadn’t actually spoken to in more than a month. I reconnected at a luncheon with some women from my book club who are back for the summer from their winter homes. I also talked on the phone to my friend, Barb. We’ve been friends since 1994 when we both had dogs with heart problems. We connected on the old Prodigy forum and have been email buddies since. I don’t know why, but we rarely talk by phone, but it’s so fun, we vowed to do it more often!
Living Largers who posted here or on the Facebook page during the first two weeks of the hunt are entered into a drawing for a singed copy of my book. The first winner will be announced on the blog next week. I’ll be drawing for prizes every two weeks until the hunt ends on September 8. Your finds must be legal and G rated and you must be a U.S. resident for the drawing (although everyone is welcome to post!) You don’t have to play every week, but doing so increases your drawing entries!
Now, for the week #3 find. Here are some ideas I’ve been toying with doing for this find, or ideas you can use:
- Getting some bubbles and blowing them for the dogs
- Having a water gun fight with my husband
- Running down the ice cream man and buying a childhood favorite
- Riding a rollercoaster, or some other fair ride
- Lying in the grass spotting animals in the clouds
- Watching lightning bugs (I actually do this often!)
- Skipping rocks in the water
- Playing in the hose
- Listening to music from my youth (I do this a lot, too)
- Going to an arcade and playing skee-ball (or some other childhood favorite)
Ready, set, GO!
What activity will you find to bring you pure, childhood joy this week?