Living Large — the Book

Posted August 26th, 2014 by kerri and filed in small house living
Tags: ,

I'm cel­e­brat­ing the 5 year anniver­sary of the Living Large blog with an announcement!

The book based on our expe­ri­ences down­siz­ing to a small house, along with tips from me and other Living Largers is one step closer to reality.

My agent and I have agreed on a work­ing title, Living Large in our Little House: Thriving in 480-Square Feet with Six Dogs, a Husband and One Remote and How you Can, too.

The book will tell the story of how we came to live in Our Little House, but will also have never-before pub­lished sto­ries about our down­siz­ing, as well as sto­ries of oth­ers who have done the same.

It will be about Living Large by actual Living Largers!

The book will also give tips on how to com­plete your own Living Large dream!

How many of you would like to read this book and what tips would you like to see in it?

14 Responses to “Living Large — the Book”

1. Regina says:

Yes, I'm excited to read your book. I'll pur­chase sev­eral copies for friends liv­ing in 2,000 square foot homes filled with way to much stuff. I'm cur­rently purg­ing extra stuff from my 450 square foot apart­ment in DC. I love small houses and spaces.

2. Janis says:

I look for­ward to read­ing your book. I would love to live in the Ozark Mtns like you do (I live in KC) but will have to resign myself to liv­ing here. I plan to move to an 800 sq. ft. house within the next two years (but I'm kind of cheat­ing because it also has an 800 sq. ft. base­ment, lol) Maybe a tiny house camper for escap­ing to will be some­thing I can do. I would be most inter­ested in how you source util­i­ties and water.

Thanks, Janis. Our house is per­ma­nent, so we are on the grid, get­ting elec­tric­ity from the local com­pany. I hope to one day have solar. We source our water from the well in our yard. Good luck find­ing a home in KC. We looked at a beauty 620 square footer in Waldo last spring. It was so cute it sold within 3 hours!

3. Mary says:

I look for­ward to read­ing your book. When we sold our house we started rent­ing and are cur­rently in 1018 sq ft. I think the big issue is in the "stuff" we have and like but only dis­play occa­sion­ally. The day to day things are no big deal with liv­ing in this space or actu­ally smaller. We have a 2 bed­room and use 1 just for stor­ing things we aren't ready to get rid of so, I guess if we fig­ured that out we could live with­out that space. These are nec­es­sary items just decorative.

I look for­ward to see how you dealt with col­lectibles and in gen­eral decid­ing what to keep and what to get rid of.

I also like to have space for the grand­kids to come and stay over. I have 6 grand­kids from 29 years old.

Ah, yes, that's a tough one with the grand­kids, Mary. It's also tough get­ting rid of things that tell the story of your life. It's been tough for me.

4. Peggy says:

Can not wait for it to be pub­lished. We'll not go smaller than our almost 1200 SF, but I love to read how other folks do it so well, and you can always get good tips/ideas that work even if you aren't liv­ing way small!

5. Pamela says:

Congratulations! Love the title. Can't wait to read your book.

6. Sheryl says:

So excited for you, Kerri, and so well deserved — congratulations!!

7. Mary says:

Sounds great. Looking for­ward to the infor­ma­tion you'll be shar­ing. Things I'd like to see in book … Use of space ideas, con­trol­ling clut­ter with­out get­ting rid of every­thing, etc