We had some great fall weather last weekend. Cool mornings and sunny, warm afternoons. When this time of the year is upon us, my nesting instincts kick in and I decided to make some homemade comfort food.
I can always tell when summer is coming, as my mother-in-law will always tell me about her last pan of lasagna for the season. I decided to kick off the beginning of fall with some yummy vegetarian lasagna.
I don't like the extremes of summer and winter, but fall is definitely my favorite time of the year.
Here are some other things I look forward to when fall rolls around:
- Putting up the Halloween and fall decorations
- The Hillbilly Chili Cook-off, usually a great day to eat some good chili, a funnel cake and browse crafts
- Fires in the fire pit and woodstove
- Dutch oven cooking
- The return of the few shows we watch on television (Yay! Dexter!)
- Rotating the closet and “discovering” my fall/winter clothes again
- The colors and walking along the road hearing the crispy leaves crunch
What do you look forward to most in the fall?