Mid Month Goal Check
Wow. I cannot believe that it is the middle of April already (and time to pay Uncle Sam for those of us who owe in the U.S.) Ugh.
Anyway, I was sitting on the deck last night looking at all of the beautiful stars and that bright moon thinking it would be a good time to re-visit my Earth Day goals for the month to see how I’m doing.
- I just learned that entrance to all of our 392 beautiful National Parks is free April 17-25. We have one of the most spectacular parks here at the Buffalo National River. I hope we can visit it this month!
- Going to all natural products. I did buy some Tom’s toothpaste and I’m happy to report that I’m not having problems with tooth sensitivity at all (well, besides the one I had to have capped yesterday!) We’re using up the rest of the products such as shampoo, soaps, and deodorant before buying other natural products.
- The easiest, so far, has been getting back into the habit of turning off the electrical strips to the electronics when not in use and the hot water tank. I have forgotten a couple of mornings to turn the hot water tank back on so Dale can shower before his 16-hour days…good thing it has been warm here!
- I am reading up on canning and our spring veggies are starting to sprout. We will have lettuce, radishes, green onion and spinach very soon. This weekend, I will be thinning out the later rows we planted, as well as putting in the tomato plants, cucumbers, Vidalia onions, and peppers.
- I haven’t done anything on the organic and free range meat as of yet. I’ve gotten a couple of leads, but need to find the time to visit the stores.
- This weekend, we’re adjusting our routine so we’re not running errands on Saturdays. Errand day takes at least half a day and we haven’t had time to get out the cast iron cookware, but I’m doing it this weekend.
Ok, readers, how are you all doing on your Earth Day goals?